Wednesday, September 25, 2013


BOY//"Oh Boy"

I love this song, but I hate this video. Not that I require every video to be a literal representation of the song, but I would like for it to have SOME connection to it.

The one literal-literal moment I could find in the video is the bit where Valeska spits up the gold necklace. I hate it.

This song is frequently on my mind because I seem to have a larger than average number of heartsick friends who are forever falling in love boys and girls who are waaay out of their league, if not in looks or status then just in the general "speed" at which they live their lives. I am the same way, but at least I keep it to myself.

Have you ever seen the movie "My Sassy Girl"? It was a huge hit in the early 2000s, not least of all because it was so funny and cute and charming and had a pretty girl in the lead, but I think movies of this sort specifically appeal to the heartsick among us because it is only in movies where you have the quirky, "fast" girl eventually falling for (and staying with) the awkward and quiet nerdy boy. This has never, ever, ever, ever, ever happened in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment