Monday, October 16, 2017


The Pains of Being Pure at Heart//"So True"

"If you don’t lose some skin for the things you believe
How do you know that you really do?
And I know that you really do
And I know that you’re really so true..."

But then the song ends with the lines, "But I could never be, I could never be so true."

Are you not an activist, do you not care if you're not willing to risk your life for the things that you believe in? We live in a world with so many concerns, clashing and intersecting and interfering, I often don't know where one begins, where one ends, or the limits and borders of any of them.

I often wake up in the morning and don't know who I am supposed to be today. I'm not even talking about activist stuff.

The last couple days literally every woman I know (and many men as well, come to that) have been posting to social media their #metoo harassment/assault/rape stories, and behind every one of them the unspoken question, "So what can we do about it?", and behind every unspoken question the unspoken answer, "I don't know."

No comments:

Post a Comment